Friday, December 22, 2017

Help With The Question- Should I Really Sell My Home?


Help With The Question- Should I Really Sell My Home?

Many homeowners are ready to sell their current home to buy a new house because of so many different reasons.


There are some homeowners who currently owe more than what their home is worth. Does that mean they should sell it? Not necessarily. The home values will go back up in the future and you will no longer owe more than what your home's value is.


 You should sell if:

    You’re moving to a new area and you need to sell your home to buy a new house.
    You can make a decent profit on selling your home.
    There is no way possible to maintain your mortgage payment and you’ve already tried a loan modification.
    Your home no longer fits your current family composition, budget and or lifestyle.

But don’t abandon it and let it get foreclosed on. Owning your own home is still every American's dream, so don’t just give up on yours without a fight. There are several alternatives to help prevent you from losing your home and I can give you tips on how to prevent foreclosure.


For example, I know a guy that had to move out-of-state due to a family emergency. He could no longer afford his current mortgage payment because he had a household to maintain out-of-state. He was going to abandon his home and let it get foreclosed on.


I advised him that before he allows that to happen, I could try to help him. I called his mortgage company to find out how bad his situation was. Luckily he was only 2 payments behind and not nearing the foreclosure process yet. They told me that if he can just pay something on it during the month of October it would keep him safe for a little while.


I talked to him about allowing me to find a tenant for it and to provide property management services for his home since he lived out-of-state.


I found 4 tenants for his property within a week (which the rent amount will cover his mortgage payment and my fee) and I’m going to manage his property for him and pay the mortgage monthly with the rent that I’ll be collecting from the tenant.


There are several other viable solutions to just allowing your home to get foreclosed on, call for a consultation, no problem is too big or too small for me.


#should I sell my home #how to prevent foreclosure #selling a home

Priscilla Hammond, Real Estate Agent
RE/MAX Consultants Realty 1
1625 SE 17th St. Causeway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Cell 305-783-4269
Office 954-767-4667

No comments:

Post a Comment